As I was running around doing errands, I got to thinking about how excited I am for warmer temperatures. Luckily this Philomena and Ruth sweater keeps me super warm, and I love the design on the front! But, as the temperatures lower, I’ve totally got the winter blues and the need to do something that will distract me from the dark skies and snowy days.
Here are 6 ways to cure the winter blues.
1. Go to yoga. If you’re needing the warmth on your skin, that 89 degree room feels so good. Start your morning with some stretching, healing and a mind opening experience.
2. Buy some flowers. I always laugh when I enter Trader Joe’s and every girl in the store is gathered around the flowers. They just brighten your day!
3. Pre-spring cleaning. Reorganize your closet for the preparation of some spring clothes (or just more winter clothes…).
4. Redecorate a room. I’m currently working on updating our bedroom and I love how it just makes the room feel brighter and new.
5. Go on a day trip. Go to an arboretum or do some small town boutique shopping. Something that will alway you to walk outdoors.
6. Brighten up your style. I am so guilty of wearing a whole lot of black, but use this opportunity to brighten up your style with pastels or prints.
Hope this helped give you some ideas of what you could do to brighten up your winter blues.
As I mentioned above, this sweater is from Philomena and Ruth, which is store that carries handcrafted clothing and accessories from amazing artisans that are local to the Waterloo, Illinois area and nationally. I love small town businesses like this that put a special touch on all their products. They’re currently offering free shipping until 11:59pm tonight (12/17) and have a super cute gift guide up! See more of this brand here.
Shop my sweater here.
Shop similar jeans here.